I’ve been everywhere, man
I’ve been everywhere, man
Crossed the deserts bare, man
I’ve breathed the the mountain air, man
Travel, I’ve had my share, man
I’ve been everywhere
I’ve Been Everywhere, written by Geoff Mack
This song has been done by lots of singers, but I think of Hank Snow when I hear it. A year or so ago Tim Hortons had an ad on TV with lyrics to a Canadian version that mentions a lot of Canadian towns and cities but seemed quite lacking in names from the western part of the country. Why I mention this song, today I’m going to give you a list of a few of my favourite places that I’ve been to. I feel like I’ve been everywhere and I’m sure my family gets sick of my stories that start out, “When I was on the road….”! These are in no particular order.
1. New Mexico- I’ve traveled around a lot of the state and was completely taken with the vast desert, the mountains and the whole feel of the place. I’d love to go back!
2. Halifax, Nova Scotia- It’s a quaint and laid back city that has the friendliest people! The local McDonald’s has a McLobster on the menu when in season!
3. Upper Peninsula, Michigan- I’ve been fortunate to experience the UP in the fall when leafing season is in full swing. Except the Mackinac Bridge is a scary stretch of road when you’re afraid of heights!
4. Newfoundland- The six hour ferry ride is an experience in itself! The best meal of fresh cod I’ve ever had. Only in Newfoundland have I seen moose hang out on people’s lawns eating flowers out of the window boxes!
5. Los Angeles- I never minded going there, it’s something everyone should experience if you think your city has traffic congestion! Although, Houston, Chicago and Boston were all on par in that category! I loved seeing the Pacific Ocean while driving along the coast.
Anyway, I could go on, but I’m sure you’re now sick of my memories of, “When I was on the road…”!
I’m really pumped about the new release from Glamistry, literally! The DIANTHUS Heels are compatible with the SLink high feet, Maitreya, and Belleza mesh bodies. They come in a bunch of great colours, but the option with all the bells and whistles is the fatpack!
I dug into my Dark Horse Style folder and found a pretty fall inspired nail for the SLink nails. The Gold Leaves pack has eight great selections to choose from with rich dark tones and pretty gold leaves!
The Milou hair from Mina Hair is so great! It comes with two styles in the pack with materials enabled and busty options for both. I picked this up at the Mina Hair store at The Deck but here’s the land mark to the main store too!
The Niska, bare skin in Rosy tone is on sale at Lumae right now! All eight tones are 75L$ each until September 12. I added a little eye shadow from KOSH and some lip colour from MOCK Cosmetics to the ever-gorgeous skin!
Pose by COCO Creations and from what I could find out, no longer available!
I took the pictures at Failure to Thrive, before a griefer came and made my photo taking time difficult!